LOCATION: Berlin, Germany
PROGRAM DATES:March 22, 2018 – June 1, 2018
PROGRAM DATES & DEADLINES: WCCCSA Programs
PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: Spend the quarter studying in the great capital city of Berlin. Berlin is a major political, financial and cultural center and through the WCCCSA study abroad program, you can take in its museums, historic buildings and culinary experiences with a subsidized program of cultural activities.
PROGRAM FEES: Based on an enrollment of 25 or more participants, for the services specified above, the fee per person is $7,245. This fee excludes airfare, a $250 refundable damage deposit, optional insurance upgrades, passport or visa fees, meals other than those listed, personal expenses, tuition, textbooks, additional field trips or excursions required by the WCCCSA faculty and anything not specified. These fees are guaranteed not to change as a result of fluctuations in the exchange rate.
- student housing in twin-bedded studios in a centrally–located apart-hotel on a bed and breakfast basis.
- travel pass for unlimited use on the buses, trams, S-Bahn and U-Bahn trains in zones A and B (and C as necessary)
- orientation program on-site in Berlin including an orientation meeting with AIFS staff, information packet, a guided half-day city tour and a welcome meal
- weekly program of free and subsidized cultural activities such as a “Kaffee und Kuchen” boat cruise along the River Spree opera tickets, a sporting event, museum visits, a street art workshop and walking tour
- guided tour of the Reichstag
- full-day guided excursion to Potsdam including entrance to the Cecilienhof Palace with guided tour on the theme of “The Potsdam Conference and the Berlin Wall,” and admission to Sansoucci Palace with guided tour
- half-day excursion to the Memorial and Museum of Sachsenhausen including entrance and private group tour
- the services of the AIFS Program Coordinator for information, personal advising/counseling and 24-hour emergency contact service
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- Student medical and program fee refund insurance policies
Optional Transportation Package
On a space-available basis, students may purchase the optional transportation package consisting of roundtrip airfare between Seattle and Berlin and round-trip airport transfers between the accommodations and airport in Berlin for an additional $775 plus mandatory U.S. government and airline-imposed departure taxes, fees and fuel surcharges of $450 (subject to change) for which students will be billed separately. A minimum of 12 students must purchase the flight for it to be offered.
Optional Prague Excursion
An optional 3-day, 2-night excursion to Prague is available, including round-trip train tickets, accommodation in a centrally located hotel in multibedded rooms with daily breakfast, guided walking tour of Prague's historical center and Jewish Quarter and traditional Czech group dinner, a travel pass for unlimited use on city buses, trams, subways, and funiculars in city center for $445. A minimum of 10 students must participate for the excursion to be offered.