How to Apply to Study Abroad
In order to participate in South Seattle College's study abroad programs:
- You need to have completed at least one quarter at South Seattle College.
- You must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 or better.
- At least 17 years old (18 for some programs)
- You must have a valid passport to travel outside of the U.S.
- We ask students to disclose any need for accommodation (physical, psychological, and/or academic).
- Students should be 18 years and older. (Please see the study abroad advisor if you are younger.)
Study abroad means just that - study while living abroad. While SSC wants you to take advantage of your international experience and have fun, please keep in mind that the programs are academic! For most programs, students are required to take 15 credits during their study abroad program. We expect you to attend classes, do homework and take tests just as if you were on campus. All grades are reported to the registrar and calculated into your overall GPA, whether they count toward graduation or not.
Start by meeting with the South Seattle study abroad coordinator to learn more about the program you intend to join and ask any questions you may have. The study abroad coordinator will discuss with you the application process for your individual program and scholarship options. Some programs require applying through the individual program while others require South Seattle a study abroad application. Almost all applications require recommendations, application fees, and a personal essay.
To set up and appointment, please fill out the Study Abroad Interest & Appointment Form
Manager, Global Engagement