Financial Aid may cover some of your program costs during your quarter abroad but, as with study abroad programs in general, it is important that you start the application process early. To determine whether or not you are eligible to receive financial aid, be sure to contact the Financial Aid Department as well as your study abroad advisor.
Once you have determined eligibility for financial aid, the next step is to ensure you are participating in a South Seattle College-sponsored program. For programs coordinated directly by South Seattle College, or programs where students are directly enrolled at South during their study abroad, tuition should be eligible for aid. Program fees and cost of living expenses may be covered depending on the program and your level of need. Please talk to an advisor if you have specific questions.
Financial Aid Department
Location: RSB 53
Center for International Education
Location: WWB 121
Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship
If you are eligible to receive a Pell Grant, make sure you ask your advisor about the Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship. The Gilman Scholarship Program aims to support a diverse range of students who have been traditionally under-represented in education abroad, including but not limited to:
- Students with high financial need.
- Students studying in non-traditional countries, especially those outside of Western Europe, Australia and New Zealand.
- Students with diverse ethnic backgrounds.
- Students from a diverse range of institutions including four-year, public, private, community colleges, Historically Black Colleges and Universities, Tribal Colleges, Hispanic Serving Institutions and other Minority Serving Institutions.
- Students with disabilities.
Location, Contact and Hours
Mon - Fri
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
To make an appointment, please fill out the Study Abroad Interest & Appointment Form