South Seattle College partners with reliable local agencies to help you find clean, safe, and affordable housing near campus. Whether you prefer to live with a host family or desire to be independent, you will find an option that fits you and your budget.
Students and parents should consider the following when selecting a housing option:
- Housing in Seattle is limited. Make housing arrangements as early as possible.
- Students who are younger than 18 are generally not allowed to sign a lease for an apartment in the State of Washington.
- We strongly recommend that students who are 16 or 17 live with a host family.
- Students and parents/legal guardians are responsible for making housing decisions and arrangements. South Seattle College provides resources to assist with finding housing, but cannot make housing arrangements for applicants, nor monitor individual living arrangements.
Homestay options in West Seattle
Staying with an American host family is a great way for new students to discover American culture, practice English, and make lifelong friends. Hosts families are carefully chosen and trained to provide students with a comfortable, clean and safe home environment. The providers listed below offer a variety of options, which may include a private room with up to three meals per day, and use of the family living space.
Seattle, WA 98155
- Placement Fee*: $325 ($400 for under 18 years old)
- One Time Deposit*: $100 (applied to first month’s homestay fee)
- Traditional Homestay (3 meals provided daily): $780 per month
- Bed and Breakfast Homestay (no meals provided): $620 per month
- Airport Pick Up: Free (7 a.m.-9 p.m., seven days a week, except on blackout dates)
*Required with application. Refund available with proof of visa denial.
American Homestay Network
Redmond, WA 98052
- Placement Fee*: $300 ($350 for under 18 years old)
- One Time Deposit*:
- Traditional Homestay (3 meals provided daily): $760 per month
- Bed and Breakfast Homestay (no meals provided): $632 per month
- Airport Pick Up: $125 not available in all areas
*Additional transaction fees will apply.
Bothell, WA 98011
- Placement Fee: $300 ($400 for under 18 years old)
- One Time Damage Deposit: $100 (refundable with exceptions)
- Traditional Homestay (meals provided): $725 - $775 per month
- Airport Pickup Fee: $125 (8 a.m.-8 p.m., seven days a week)
- Late Fee: $100 (if application is received less than 1 week prior to arrival)
*Additional $25 per transaction if paying by credit card or bank wire
* Monthly fees are subject to changes made by the housing providers. Please check with each provider for their current fee schedule.
Independent Housing Options
If you wish to find housing on your own, there are many options around Seattle that can fit any need. South Seattle College is located in the Delridge neighborhood of West Seattle. If you wish to be close to the school, we suggest looking for housing in West Seattle, Alki, Admiral and Gateway neighborhoods.
- Apartment Hunters
- Apartment List
- Apartments for Rent
- The Seattle Times Newspaper
- The Seattle Weekly Newspaper
- CORT Apartment Search
- CORT Furniture Rental
- RentHoop Find on Google Play or iTunes
Temporary Housing and Hotels
If you arrive in Seattle before securing housing, there are plenty of hotels in the area that can fit any budget.American Hotel - Hostelling International
520 S King Street
Seattle, WA 98104
A resource tool to help you find and compare home service providers for Internet, Cable TV and other services available in your specific area. Website: https://www.inmyarea.com/internet/washington/seattle