Dates and Deadlines
South Seattle College operates on a quarter system. Although dates change each year, quarters follow the general pattern below:
- WINTER: January to Mid-March
- SPRING: April to Mid-June
- SUMMER: Mid-June to Mid-August
- FALL: Late September to early-December
Our 2020-2021 Academic Calendar is available online.
South Seattle College admits new international students four times a year. We strongly recommend that students apply for admission by the deadlines listed below, to allow sufficient time for processing.
New Overseas (first time applying to study in the U.S.):
- Winter 2021: November 25, 2020
- Spring 2021: February 25, 2021
- Summer 2021: May 25, 2021
- Fall 2021: August 25, 2021
Transfer (students on F, M, or other visa types already in the U.S.)*:
- Winter 2021: December 28, 2020
- Spring 2021: March29 25, 2021
- Summer 2021: June 21, 2021
- Fall 2021: September 22, 2021
* Students are considered transfer applicants if they are already in the U.S. studying on F/M-1 visas, or if they studied in the U.S. with an F/M-1 visa within the past 5 months.
Applications submitted after the recommended deadlines will be reviewed on a space-available basis.
New Student Orientation
Orientation takes place the week before classes begin. All new international students are required to attend.
- Winter 2021: December 28 - December 31, 2020
- Spring 2021: March 29 - April 02, 2021
- Summer 2021: June 21 - June 25, 2021
- Fall 2021: September 20 - September 24, 2021
At Orientation, students learn about the requirements of their F-1 visa, and services offered at South. Students will also take a placement test and meet with an advisor to register for classes.
Once you have your acceptance letter, sign-up for orientation here: https://tinyurl.com/SCIPOrientation.
During remote operations, all orientation and testing activities will be done online.
- Withdrawal from class prior to the first day of class = 100% refund
- Withdrawal from class within first five calendar days = 80% refund
- Withdrawal from class within sixth - fourteenth calendar days = 50% refund
- Withdrawal from class after fourteenth calendar day = 0 (no refund)