Mission and Values
The International Programs office at South Seattle College facilitates educational opportunities that enhance global citizenship.
The mission is based on a vision of our community of learners being prepared to become truly global citizens - confident in their own culture, yet able to understand and appreciate other cultures with which they will increasingly interact with in their personal, social and economic lives.
We are a constantly evolving educational community dedicated to providing quality learning experiences which prepare students to meet their goals for life.
The College values and promotes a close involvement with the community and strong partnerships with business, labor and industry.
The college commits to meeting the diverse needs of students by providing:
- Applied baccalaureate, associate degree, college transfer, certificate, technical and professional, and pre-college programs which prepare students to succeed in their careers and further their education.
- Responsive technical and professional training programs developed in collaboration with business, labor and industry.
- An international student enrollment profile that is globally representative
- Study Abroad Programming
- Global Partnerships
- Global initiatives that support the development of cross-cultural competence
- Student-centered and community centered programs and services which value diversity, support learning, and promote student success.
- Lifelong learning opportunities for the cultural, social, professional and personal development of the members of our communities.
We share the belief that international education advances learning and scholarship, builds respect among different peoples and encourages constructive leadership in a global community (NAFSA: Association of International Educators).
- Student Achievement
- Teaching and Learning
- College Culture and Climate
- Community Engagement and Partnerships
College Community Responsibilities
We at South Seattle College believe that each of us shall...
- Treat each other with courtesy and respect
- Speak civilly and act responsibly with consideration for the rights of others
- Affirm the value of diversity and promote cultural sensitivity
- Maintain a safe and welcoming community